Download this video for viewing in HD on your smartphone or computer.
Click Here to Download High-Quality HD video to your Smartphone or Computer.
Looking for a bit more customization than CM11 ROM? Well, I LOVE CM11 but the lack of customization makes me want to install custom ROMs like Gummy ROM.
Gummy Team has released stable “M3″ release for Android 4.4.4. Based on my testing with many, different Android devices including the Nexus 7, this is one of the more solid custom ROMs you can install on your Nexus 7 that comes with a ton of customization and everything working out of the box flawless.
Out of the box, you will find one of the fastest UI out there. There’s plenty AOSP ROMs out there but Gummy ROM is definitely on my Top 5 list of the best AOSP custom ROMs. Although I really love CM11 ROM and have been enjoying on many of my phones for awhile, I find Gummy ROM is a lot more fun for tweaking your phone to the fullest with stuff like advanced Power Menu options, lockscreen notifications, etc…etc…
Definitely check it out if you want to further tweak/customize your Nexus 7 fullest on the latest and baddest Android 4.4.4 and do let me know what you think of Gummy ROM on N7!
Download Gummy ROM for Nexus 7 (available for Nexus 7 original, Nexus 7 2013 Edition, and Nexus 7 2013 Edition with 4G LTE)
Download Android 4.4.4 Gapps (Use micro if you want AOSP camera along with Google Camera you can install from Play Store or use stock if you want all latest Google apps but you only get Google Camera)
*Note - Please make sure you have latest CWM v188.8.131.52+ or TWRP v184.108.40.206+ to install KitKat ROMs. If your version is less than this, you can easily update your CWM or TWRP by going here.
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install Gapps, install Conversion Kit, and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system.)
- Want latest Android L Preview Keyboard? See How to Install Android L Preview Keyboard on rooted Android!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I don’t have Play Store nor any of the Google apps!
A: You forgot to install Gapps, reboot into recovery and install it! (See above for download.)
Q: The ROM is not booting!
A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.
You can also follow me on Google+ or Facebook here:
Nexus 7 Reference
You will need a rooted Nexus 7 to install all ROM/kernels.
First time to rooting and custom ROMs? Please see our Nexus 7 Root FAQ FIRST!